I got the idea for the Chinese jacket almost as soon as we got "the word." I had some beautiful silk brocade left over from making a Chinese-style jacket for my niece a couple of years ago and figured that would be perfect. Well, it would have been, IF I could have remembered where I had stashed the fabric. I finally gave up and made it in other colors. In retrospect, I wish I had made the jacket in the red border fabric, and used the floral for the border--the frogs don't show up well. The quilt said it wanted a beaded border, which annoyed me, but it didn't take as long as I thought it would. But then the jacket looked bare, so I added some beads to that as well--mostly little red sparkly ones. The jackets opens up to reveal a fun red cat-print lining. I couldn't find any frog prints in red.
Not my favorite of the the ones I've made for this project, but at least it's done. Now on to Peace and I'll be all caught up.