Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Green With Envy

For the word green I wanted to do a felting project. I like to use words in my quilts when I can and Envy just came to my mind.
I machine felting the background with felt, silk, yarns, organza, cotton, dyed batting, and dyed cheese cloth. I then took Lutradur and painted it and cut the letters out. They are tacked on so they are not completely flush with the background. I took another piece of Lutratur also painted and cut out a square, burned the edges and put it behind the E. I then quilted it along the lines of yarns and fabrics. I added sparkly beads and stones. I think it turned out nice. I like the touch the burned square adds.

No comments:

Post a Comment