Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Quilt, A Dog, & A Hug


Here is my comfort quilt, titled "A Quilt, A Dog, & A Hug". The idea for it came to me in a flash as soon as I knew what the word would be. I wasn't sure if I would be able to do it, but I figured it out. First I quilted the background fabric. I enlarged a photo of our late dog sleeping and traced it onto fabric. I had to double the white fabric so that the background wouldn't show through. Then, I traced my hands & forearms, cut them out of tulle & fused them on with Misty Fuse. It wasn't till I posted the picture of the completed quilt on the Yahoo Group that I realized that I thought the background fabric was the border fabric of the nap quilt that Penny was allowed to lay on while napping with us. Turns out it's very similar, but not the same one.

1 comment:

  1. Love your quilt. I too have a great dog that is part of my life and I find great comfort with him. What a blessing to have pets that unconditionally love us. Mike is 10 and I dread the day that is is in the beautiful playground in heaven. Kaye

    ReplyDelete