Sunday, October 25, 2009

Coldflake

When the word was pulled for this month and I heard "Cold", I immediately knew that I wanted to make a snowflake from that word. Knowing that I am still computer challenged, I had my wonderful son, Jer, bail me out again. He took the word, reversed it, rotated it, mirror imaged it, and whatever else he had to do to get it to look like this. We then copied it onto freezer paper, ironed the letters onto white wool felt, and cut them out, and machine appliqued them onto the blue background. The polar bear completes the image I had invisioned. I hand beaded the background with small seed beads, gave it a binding and labeled it. It meets my expectations, and thanks again Jeremy.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I love that you beaded Ursa Major, aka Big Bear, aka Big Dipper into the background.

    ReplyDelete