Saturday, October 31, 2009

Snowflake

Here is my "Cold" quilt, actually finished on time. Now I have to go back and do "Frogs" and "Peace." Sigh. You can't see from the picture, but the white snowflake fabric is sparkly with silver metallic. It's quilted in sparkly thread as well.

My first idea was to do a sunprint of snowflakes, inspired by a quilt in "Quick Strip paper Piecing" by Peggy Martin. I took a week long seminar from her in late August/early September. However, things got crazy when I got home. Had to get ready for Quilt Fest, and then we left town in our RV for a month. When we got back (a week ago), the sun-printing season was definitely over!

The quilt I ended up making is one of the blocks in Peggy's sun-printed and paper-foundation pieced quilt. I wanted it to evoke snowshoeing in the Uintas on a sunny Sunday morning, right after a snowstorm. The sky is so blue it almost hurts, and the snow just sparkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment